ABOUT ASHTEAD VÉLO
Ashtead Vélo (formerly Club Bike Beans) was founded in April 2016, by Jamie Chisholm, to provide a recognised club for the keen and active community of cyclists which had developed in Ashtead around the (now closed) Bike Beans Cycle Cafe. The club is affiliated to the British Cycling Club.
The club is friendly and holds some important principles:
- To be inclusive & supportive to riders
- Provide a fun, social community
- Be a place where members can develop riding skills
- To offer a good range of opportunities to ride at different levels
- Respond to the needs of members
Over the last few years we have been one of the fastest growing cycle clubs in the UK and currently have a membership of around 170 riders, a large number of which ride frequently.